Day four- March 2nd

It's Friday!! I'll need a break after all this stencil cutting.

Finish cutting stencil and seal it. Look at all those little holes. Am I not insane or what?
DSC_0043

And then the designer showed up. Apparently there was some miscommunication and he wants the floor lighter than the actual Walk of Fame. So a dusting with the airgun lightens it up. And now I hate it. I feel like it's lost all the depth that I put in it. Hopefully that will return when I seal it.

Stencil, stencil, stencil
I put some tape around the edge of the stencil to give it a little more strength and some masking so I don't roll paint where I don't want it. 
DSC_0044

Unfortunately I had a little mishap with the stencil. Ideally the stencil would have been made out of plastic. But lacking any in my shop large enough I just used bogus paper, and this is what happened.
DSC_0048

I did manage a repair and all was well.
Doesn't that look far more beautiful than just a spatter would have. Sometimes it is about the small (and insane) details. Like me. I'm small and insane.
DSC_0046

Sample for the rest of the floor then go home and forget about the show for the whole weekend. :)

No comments: