And we're back...

Sorry about that folks.

Right in the midst of reviving this blog...and then absolute silence.

For over a year.

I'm sorry. But I do have a good excuse. I didn't lose my job or stop painting. But during the rush and frenzy of that show last posted I had a ton of doctor's appointments. And one day, in the middle of load in, my life changed. March 23rd, 2012 I was diagnosed with MS. You can read the details about it over on my other blog

Last year was a big year of adjustment. I was enlightened as to some of the issues I had been having, and now I had to learn to shift my thinking. As a woman in this business, I've found that I have to work extra hard to prove that I am capable. It's the curse of being a petite female in a physical career surrounded by guys. When you've been doing that for so long, it is extremely hard to admit you have limits. Limits that you cannot control.

And last season's schedule sucked. There's no other way to describe it without wanting to choke some pencil pusher without a clue. But it was a successful season. One in which I accomplished some big projects, including designing a mainstage production. Therefore I have lots of stories and pictures for you. I'll be doing Friday Flashbacks for a while to get caught up.

In the mean time. I am back on contract. Plans for the first two shows are starting to come in. And I'm getting started on a few small projects and continued shop improvement. I did a lot to my shop space over the last year, and hope to do some more this season. I'm sure when I get it just the way I want it, they will decide to move us to campus and I'll have to start all over again.

So hello. Welcome back. And here's to a season of on time plans/color, polite directors, cooperative designers, surprise increases in budget and actors who don't break everything they touch.

No comments: